Præsident for Kinas højesteret, Wang Shengjun, har lige afleveret sin årlige rapport på NPC.
Rapporten giver et overblik og statistik over det kinesiske retsvæsen i 2009.
• the SPC dealt with 13,318 cases of various types and concluded 11,749 cases, up 26.2 percent and 52.1 percent year on year, respectively. Local courts at various levels handled 11.37 million cases of various types, up by 6.3 percent.
• Chinese courts concluded 267,000 cases of severe crimes, including homicide, kidnapping, robbery, and those undermining national security, up 2.3 percent. A total of 375,000 criminals involved in these cases were sentenced, 0.8 percent more than the previous year.
• Chinese courts sentenced 2,413 criminals for woman and child trafficking and 56,000 for drug trafficking.
• Chinese courts concluded 11,000 cases of money laundering, and 55,000 cases of fund-raising fraud, credit card fraud, making and selling counterfeit banknotes and fake invoices.
• Chinese courts concluded 1,703 cases of spreading pornographic electronic information, 47.5 percent higher than the previous year.
• Chinese courts concluded 3.154 million contract cases, up 8.6 percent; 519,000 financial cases, rising 12.9 percent; 3,573 cases of corporate bankruptcy, down 4.7 percent; 317,000 cases of labor disputes, up 10.8 percent; 36,000 intellectual property right infringement cases, up 29.7 percent.
Det er i øvrigt første gang i ti år, at den voldelige kriminalitet er steget i Kina, skrev den engelske udgave af Folkets Dagblad for et par uger siden.
:: H/T Chinahearsay
:: Foto fra fængsel i Henan fra 中华网