Massakren i 1989: Mødre kræver retfærdighed

Skriv en kommentar
Historie / Politik

Hendes dreng var 17 år gammel, da han døde natten mellem den 3. og 4. juni i 1989. Moren, der hedder Ding Zilin, og som i dag er 76 år gammel, ved ikke præcist, hvad der skete med sønnen. Men hun vil have et svar. Hun vil se retfærdighed. Og det kan hun ikke få.

Ding Zilin er en af medstifterne til den gruppe, der hedder Mødrene fra Tiananmen. Det er en gruppe af mødre, som mistede deres børn under massakren i 1989.

Kinas Kommunistparti satte kampvogne og soldater ind for at rydde Tiananmen – Den Himmelske Fredsplads – for demonstranter og op mod flere tusinde civile og soldater blev dræbt.

Hvert år siden gruppen blev dannet har de offentliggjort et åbent brev til myndighederne. De har endnu ikke fået svar. Og de er endnu mere pessimistiske i deres seneste brev, som du kan læse på Human Rights in China, for der ingen tegn på politiske reformer eller mere åbenhed om massakren i 89:

Facts have clearly shown that during the past nearly quarter century, China’s top leaders have never been real political reformers. Jiang Zemin was not, Hu Jintao was not, nor is Xi Jinping, who just took office. They come one after another, as if through a revolving door; and as they move forward, they become ever more distant and outrageous, causing a universal feeling of despair to descend on the people from all sides. Ever since Xi Jinping expressed the “Two Irrefutables”1 after the 18th Party Congress, we have not seen him reflect upon or show remorse in the slightest for the sins committed during the three decades of Maoist communism. We also have not seen him criticize in the slightest or make anyone accountable for the three decades of Deng-style “lame reform.” What we see, precisely, are giant steps backwards towards Maoist orthodoxy. Xi has mixed together the things that were most unpopular and most in need of repudiation in these two 30-year time spans, and requires people to regard them as fundamental, guiding principles. This has caused those individuals who originally harbored hopes in him in carrying out political reform to fall into sudden disappointment and despair.

De kinesiske myndigheder holder medlemmerne af gruppen under overvågning, og de får ikke lov til at bevæge sig frit. Som Lim Louisa fra amerikanske NPR skriver i denne artikel, hvor hun interviewer Ding:

In the days since her interview with NPR, Ding and her husband, Jiang Peikun, have not been allowed to leave their apartment. They had wanted to mourn their son at the spot where he died, but they have not been permitted to do so.

“We are both old people, getting on for 80 years old,” they wrote in an email. “We do not have much time. We will not have many opportunities left to hold memorials.”

Authorities have prevented another founding member of the Tiananmen Mothers, Zhang Xianling, from visiting Hong Kong in the runup to the anniversary.

Her 19-year-old son was shot dead while taking photographs of the martial law troops. This year, she lent the dented helmet he was wearing that night to a temporary museum in Hong Kong that was commemorating June 4. The former British colony is the only place on Chinese soil where candlelight vigils are permitted, to remember the killings.

Zhang had been scheduled to accompany her husband, Wang Fandi, a musician of the pipa, a traditional Chinese instrument, to watch a pipa competition in Hong Kong.

But Chinese police warned her not to visit Hong Kong at this “sensitive” time. In a phone conversation, she said the authorities’ mishandling of her trip was almost comical.

“It should have been a very good cultural event and now, it’s become a scandal that violates my human rights,” she said.

Skribent

Hurtige klik fra Kina af Kim Rathcke Jensen. Jeg er journalist og BA i kinesisk. Jeg bor i Beijing, hvor jeg arbejder som Politikens korrespondent i Kina og Asien.

Skriv et svar

Din e-mailadresse vil ikke blive publiceret. Krævede felter er markeret med *